[thelist] Signtool 1.1 anyone have it

Edwin Martin edwin at bitstorm.org
Tue Jan 4 16:49:07 CST 2005

Vlad Alexander (XStandard) wrote:

>Do you have the step-by-step instructions on how to do this? Do you think this will work on XPI files for Mozilla/Firefox?

When you have imported the certificate in Netscape 4, you can use these
commando's (this is what I use):

H:\java\jdk1.3\bin\javac -classpath "H:\Program
Files\Netscape\Communicator\Program\java\classes\java40.jar" -d signdir
MyProgram.java
H:\java\jdk1.3\bin\jar cvf "myjar.jar" signdir
signtool\signtool -d "H:\Program Files\Netscape\Users\e_j_martin" -k "My
Certificate" -b tweety -Z myjar.jar signdir

Ofcourse, you have to replace the paths and filenames by your own paths
and filenames.

I found this link with Google with an article about the signing tool:
http://www.developer.com/java/other/article.php/605641

I don't know if this will work with XPI files.

Edwin Martin

--
http://www.bitstorm.org/