[thelist] Multi dynamic select boxes and IE

Richard Livsey richard at livsey.org
Wed Jan 5 09:18:27 CST 2005

Peter-Paul Koch wrote:

>Apparently IE Windows only recognizes the multiple attribute
>onFocus(), which, as far as I'm concerned, is a bug. The solution is
>therefore to place the focus on the select box automatically:
>
>form.appendChild(select);
>select.focus();
>
>After that you might put the focus on the first, normal, select.

Thanks for all the responses.
The only way I could get it to work was to set it to multiple on a
setTimeout after the item had been added to the page.
Simply putting the multiple=true in the same code block as it was added
to the page, but after it had been added, didn't seem to have an effect.

It works, but it's a bit of a hack.

This 'fix' has been added to the demo pages.

Thanks again.

--
R.Livsey
www.livsey.org