[thelist] Response.Redirect (ASP)

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Thu Jan 6 19:52:17 CST 2005

: -----Original Message-----
: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On
: Behalf Of Rob Smith
: Subject: [thelist] Response.Redirect (ASP)
:
: I'm concatenating a network path through a series of commands in ASP and
: then taking that path through response.redirect. When the url gets posted
: the Address Bar it reads:
: https://my.domain.com/%5C%5CNetComp%5Cacct$%5CCash%5CFY05%5CJan
: %5CReceipts%2
: 00104.xls
:
: ( The %5C is the ASCII for \ )
:
: The file exists on the server in the network path, but for some odd reason:
:
: "The page cannot be found"

I don't think it's "odd". Why do you think it's odd? I would suggest that the
file certainly does *not* exist at the location you're pointing to.

a) You're trying to connect using HTTPS:// (so port 443) to a host called
my.domain.com

b) Then you seem to be asking for *another* host called \\NetComp and
connecting to an SMB (which is port 445, or ports 137-139) share called acct$

Right, so which is it? Do you want to use HTTPS? Or SMB? Do you want to
connect to my.domain.com? Or do you want to connect to \\NetComp?

Cheers
Ken