[thelist] CSS layout help needed

klute soundres9 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 9 09:55:43 CST 2005

rosalie and marc and others, thanks for your replies.

to give you some background: someone built the layout
for me based on a template (
http://www.cssdev.com/csslayouts/vertical/two_column/fluid_right.htm
) frome the site recommended by cody. i felt it was ok
to go with the absolute positioning for the right nav
(marc, you are right, i'll change the name of that to
vertbar or something) since the template has a decent
browser support and states: "All of these templates
are hack free and have been tested on IE 5+ Win/Mac,
Opera 6+, Firefox 0.8+ and Konqueror."

anyway, because of the latest problem i hit with
absolute positioning that i just came to know, i
decided to switch to the relative positioning for the
vertical bar ( http://devbistro.com/wdf/index2.html ).
now, the header nav images don't show up but that's
obviously a different problem i have to tackle.

thanks a lot to all for your help with this
james