[thelist] video on the web, how?

Theodore Serbinski stanson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 12:23:57 CST 2005

Hey guys! So I've just been given a DVD that has on it a 30 minute
interview with the CEO of my company and they want me to put this on
our website.

The video was recorded from a VHS which was burned onto the DVD.

My question is, what is the best way to turn this into a web enabled
format... most likely probably Windows Media file.

Is there a program that makes ripping easy enough for a high and low
bandwith versions? What exactly is the best way to encode a high and
low versions... at what rates?

Also, any tips for making the link to the video to work as smoothly as
possible... like force a download, or media player to pop up right way
or anything?

Thanks!

ted