[thelist] Re: CSS help styling lists, still need some help!

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Mon Jan 10 18:24:04 CST 2005

Message from Theodore Serbinski (1/10/2005 08:09 PM)
>Hi all! Need some help, I'm trying to convert this image, into a
>XHTML+CSS tableless coded site:
>
>http://projects.userworks.com/asist/Prototypev10.htm
>
>Originally the client wanted tables as a backbone but after talking we
>have agreed that a tableless option would be better,

So good when clients play nicely.

>Pretty good and getting there, but I'm having a lot of trouble with
>the menus at the top.
>
>Is there a way to get that menu on the right, top, to come up farther,
>instead of being placed below the main logo?

The easiest way I can see would be to take the logo out of the document
flow. Either float it, or even use absolute positioning.

Another, less desirable imo, option might be placing the logo into the
background (also, effectively removing it from the flow).

I think it would be cool if those buttons are of equal width. That's a
personal preference though.

>The second main menu, is there a way in IE to get this to center
>vertically, I can't seem to get this to work either.

Didn't you ask this already?

line-height: 2em on the #globalmenu li selector didn't work for you?

>And any other general comments/recommendations are welcome too, thanks!

Just FYI, the page generates a horizontal scroll bar in Opera 7.5

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/