[thelist] weird IE behavior ... and opacity?

Theodore Serbinski stanson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 13:23:49 CST 2005

Hey all!

Been moving along quite nicely converting this graphic into a fully
compliant CSS site.

http://projects.userworks.com/asist/Prototypev10.htm

What I have right now:

http://www.cilon.com/asist/

Need some help though. In IE6, the top two columns, Quick Links and
Member Sign-In, how come their background colors aren't being
displayed? Very strange.

Also, the menu on the top, signin contact us site index, I want to
make the background of this menu semi-transparent for when I put in
the main image. I've tried a few things but I can only get the WHOLE
menu transparent, instead of just the background and not the other
elements (text and borders). Any ideas? One idea is to create a
semi-transparent png and slap this on as the background.

Thanks!

ted