[thelist] Re: video on the web, how?

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Tue Jan 11 15:37:00 CST 2005

>>I'm kinda hoping that there's a video format out there (Mpeg4?) that
>>QT, RP, and WMP all play.
>
> I would take a look at how the major news providers like CNN,
> MSNBC(?),
> FoxNews(?) do it. (CNN is the only one *I* actually know offers video
> footage.)

I'll regret saying this, but I'm going to say it anyway. They say the
porn industry leads the way in finding effective uses for technology
on the web. They must publish shedloads of video. I'd look there too.
But just in case you're wondering, I actually don't know how they do
it either. I guess I could find out ....