[thelist] Re: IE6 and XML with XSLT

Mark Kennedy mark at eurogamer.net
Wed Jan 12 06:54:33 CST 2005

Hi Diane

> I don't have the file on me, but basically I guess I don't understand
> apply-template that well. Must have been as you say some kind of
> infinite recursion with an apply-template and a foreach operation at the
> same time. IE fooled me.

Glad you got it sorted.  I usually avoid foreach because it always seems
to cause trouble later on.  Another thing that caught me out is doing
<xslt:apply-templates select="." /> when I just meant
<xslt:apply-templates /> (although sometimes the former is appropriate).

If you want an XSLT book,

    http://www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTitle/productCd-0764543814.html

    is pretty good (despite a slightly confusing layout) and is more
than just a reference book, although you might want the get the XSLT 2.0
version that's also on the Wrox site.  Michael Kay wrote the Saxon XSLT
processor, so he knows his stuff :-)

Mark