[thelist] ComplexSpiral is working!

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Wed Jan 12 14:15:40 CST 2005

Hi all --

I'm really happy about this, and wanted to tell you all --

Many of you have probably seen Eric Meyer's "ComplexSpiral" demo, which
demonstrates a very neat CSS visual effect.  The only problem with it
was that it didn't work in IE for Windows... which makes it not very
useable....

He later added a hack to make it work in IE 5, but it still doesn't
work in IE 6.

Well...  I pulled out the hack, and made it work.  IE Windows and Mac,
Firefox, Safari.

Validates as XHTML Strict; and the CSS validates.  No Hacks.

Check it out:
<http://www.striderweb.com/webcraft/complexspiral/>

Later,
Steve Rider

P.S. -- I was trying earlier to subscribe to the css-discuss list, and
couldn't find a link that worked.  Is that list still running?