[thelist] video on the web, how?

Benjamin Tilley kalos at carolina.rr.com
Wed Jan 12 16:10:26 CST 2005

>In the end though, it looks like I'm going to just put a compressed
>mp3 sound byte of the interview online. File size is around 5mb and
>should work on all platforms for download. The video didn't have
>anything extra, since it's an interview.

If the interview has no visual component that is of any relevance (slide
show, demonstration) then I'd always go with audio only.  64k mp3 encoding
is perfect for spoken word and gives you a very small file for even an hour
plus track.  You could always offer the video as a download or on cd (as a
vcd) or dvd as the costs are negligible (including shipping).

Glad to hear you sorted your problem out.