[thelist] two domains question...

Pringle, Ron RPringle at aurora-il.org
Thu Jan 13 15:43:02 CST 2005

> Hi there.

> They are a physiotherapy business, and asked about buying
> another domain
> that mentions the region they are in i.e. www.physiotherapyREGION.com
> <http://www.physiotherapyregion.com/>  so improve searching etc
>

> The idea would be to either point the current website to the
> new descriptive
> domain, or have the same website up for both domain names.
>

> Has anyone done this sort of thing? Are there any search
> engines issues to
> be aware of? Anything else?
>
> Justin

Justin-

They would be better off creating a search engine optimized site for the
region.com domain.

I used to work for an SEO company developing what we called micro-sites that
were 4-6 pages in size, utilized a different design than the original site
and the content was optimized for that region.

I was on the dev side, so I can't shed much light on the whys behind it all.
All I know is that it worked well.

Regards,
Ron