[thelist] file structure for multi-level site

Bruce Gilbert webguync at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 16:13:48 CST 2005

I need help in setting up my file structure for a large mult-level
site. What I am needing is this:

I have 6 main 'parent pages' with child pages and their child pages
etc. I need the url path to state sitename/parentpage/childpage etc. I
am also using a breadcrumb script that will base the output on the
directory file structure. Right now I have an index.htm and 6
parent.htm files at the root level and I have 6 folders (named after
the parent pages) inside the root directory and within those folders
go the respective child pages.

When I click on a breadcrumb link to get to a parent document I get a
'you are not allowed to view this page' error (in IE) and also taking
out the /childpage to get to the parent page in the address bar eg:
http://sitename/parentpage/childpage will give you the same error.

basicly what I am needing is to set it up to get back to a parent page
both from breadcrumbs and the address bar.

I'm obviously not setting this up correctly, so I need some guidance.

P.S I'm using DWMX2004 to build and manage site

Hope I made some sense!

--
::Bruce::