[thelist] Warning to shippers: UPS doesn't like Firefox was: UPS or Fedex?

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Fri Jan 14 16:34:34 CST 2005

Steve Lewis wrote:

> This may or may not impact your
> feelings about shipping with particular parties <snip/>

Well, as long as we're on the subject :-)

A couple of years ago I was setting up a shipping interface for a
customer, evaluating UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc.

UPS offers a shipping calculator API. They also offer a calculator
on their site for people to use. Amazingly, they don't produce the
same numbers.

I went round and round with UPS "tech support" -- using that term
extremely loosely -- who couldn't quite seem to grasp the problem,
and who finally said, after *well* over a month of back-and-forth,
that they'd escalate the issue and get back to me.

Which never happened. As far as I know, their whole system is still
utterly broken. Caveat developer. :-)

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.