[thelist] Hardening a webserver

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Fri Jan 14 20:05:02 CST 2005

Scott Wolpow wrote:

> I thought it was a given being that I want security. I plan to use
> Linux, but can use anything that will work.

Man, I just *love* having a sky's-the-limit budget. Mainframe
running z/OS? Big SPARC machine running Trusted Solaris? Cool. :-)

Or maybe that's not what you meant...  In any case,

>> I have to make a Webserver extremely secure. This server needs
 >> to be able to communicate with other servers to authenticate
 >> information. Any good docs on this?

Docs? Security covers a pretty wide spectrum -- here's one resource:
   <http://www.radium.ncsc.mil/tpep/library/rainbow/>
:: that might help reframe the question(s) to be asking...

HTH!
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.