[thelist] MySQL Drivers on Win2K

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 16:55:20 CST 2005

Mich,

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 10:52:51 -0500, Michele Foster (WizarDev)
<michele at wizardev.ca> wrote:
> Which results in this error locally:
>         Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
>
>         [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user:
> 'dbm.letshookrugs at ip216-239-89-117.vif.net' (Using password: YES)
>
>         /db.asp, line 9

Ok, then this is a problem at the point where MySQL authenticates the
user. I am pretty certain that your problem is related to my original
suggestion:

> > When a user is granted permissions on a
> > database (or tables or some other database object), it is specific to
> > a certain hostname

So, that means that if 'you'@'f2o.org' is granted permissions, this
does not mean that 'you'@'yourlocalmachine' is granted permissions.
Like I said, grants are specific to a hostname, unless the wildcard
character is used. Try adding a grant to your MySQL db for user
dbm.letshookrugs at ip216-239-89-117.vif.net ...or, if you must,
dbm.letshookrugs@% (it might be an asterisk)

--
Matt Warden