[thelist] Image Challenge System

michael ensor edc at wnc.quik.co.nz
Mon Jan 17 00:14:14 CST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Noah St.Amand"
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2005 6:26 PM
Subject: Re: [thelist] Image Challenge System

: Hi Russ,
:
: Russ wrote (1/16/05 11:24 PM):
:
: > I'm curious to know if anyone has utilized an Image Challenge System in
: > order to prevent SPAM from appearing in comments sections on websites.
:
: I haven't, and I can't offer any advice. I can, however, tell you that
: these things are called "captchas", which according to Wikipedia stands
: for "Completely Automated Public Turing Test to Tell Computers and
: Humans Apart":
:
: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captcha>
:
: Hopefully that will help with your research.
:
: Cheers,
: Noah
: --
what about php GD image creation on the fly?