[thelist] Student/teach software > upgrades

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 06:58:56 CST 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 07:50:40 +0000, fstorr <fffrancis at fstorr.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm buying a Mac and need to get on it my current PC software
> (Macromedia, Adobe, MS Office), which is going to cost a fortune.
> Luckily I'm in education and qualify for student/teacher editions of
> their packages, but have been told that there is no upgrade path to
> those deals.  So, if for instance I buy Adobe Creative Studio as a
> student and then want to upgrade to whatever the next version of that
> is, I won't be able to; I'll have to buy an entire new, full price, suite.
>
> Does anyone know if that's correct for Macromedia, Adobe and MS Office?
>   I've searched the relevant sites but upgrade path information doesn't
> seem to exist.

I am not sure about the others, but it is true for Macromedia. I am a
student and I bought the educational version for Studio MX 2004. If I
want to upgrade, I need to buy the entire suite again at full price. I
would assume the others are the same. On the other hand, for
Macromedia, the educational price for the full thing is not that far
off the upgrade price, so if you stay a teacher, then upgrading may
not matter much.

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd