[thelist] How do you work with other web designers?

Diane Soini diane at dianesoini.com
Wed Jan 19 09:02:06 CST 2005

Hi,
I have never been able to solve this issue and wonder if anybody has
any suggestions.

I frequently work with people who are very adept with graphic design
and can create a nice-looking design using Dreamweaver and Photoshop.
What makes them successful and productive is the wysiwyg environment.

When I create web content there is virtually nothing visible in a
wysiwyg tool. Or if there is, it's doesn't appear close to what the
browser renders. Some of the reasons for this is the use of rules-based
CSS layout, server-side includes and javascript.

So, my question is, since the way I do web design is so incompatible
with wysiwyg, how do we work together? So far what I do is go back to
tables and Dreamweaver "layers", but I feel that dumbs down my resume a
bit.

-Diane