[thelist] Inserting dates and booleans into MS Access

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Wed Jan 19 17:12:08 CST 2005

: -----Original Message-----
: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On
: Behalf Of Tim Burgan
: Sent: Thursday, 20 January 2005 9:01 AM
: To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
: Subject: Re: [thelist] Inserting dates and booleans into MS Access
:
: Hello,
:
:     Jay Blanchard wrote:
:
: >     This returns boolean values, not strings
:
:
: I am passing boolean values and not strings. I also have a check for
: this using the gettype() function - which says I'm using booleans.

What type you are using in PHP, or ASP, or whatever, is irrelevant. All you
are doing is passing a string of text, that just happens to be parsable SQL
to the database.

Either that, or I'm misunderstanding what the problem is.

In VBScript:

strSQL = _
	"UPDATE myTable " & _
	"SET myBooleanField = True"

Note: everything's a string, even though you're updating a Boolean field

Cheers
Ken