[thelist] CMS Advice

Noah St.Amand noah at tookish.net
Wed Jan 19 19:19:06 CST 2005

Thanks everyone for your advice with this. I'm going to go with Drupal.

Alliax wrote (1/19/05 4:14 PM):
> The fact that evolt is going to use Drupal should indicate you why
> choose drupal over mambo (deciders also knew about mambo and didn't
> choose it):

Yes, that was comforting.

<tip type="Debugging">
When you're looking for the cause of an error in a scripting language,
and you have to print something out to the screen temporarily in order
to determine the cause of the error (e.g., you have to print out a
generated SQL query), use a syntax that you don't generally use as part
of your normal coding style in order to make it easier to get rid of the
temporary code when you're done debugging.

For example, in PHP if you usually use "print()" to send stuff to the
screen, use "echo()" for temporary stuff while debugging. That way when
you're done, you can make sure you've removed all the temporary stuff by
searching for and removing all the "echo"s.
</tip>

Cheers,
Noah