[thelist] VOIP / Project Question

Jeff Wilhelm thelist at summit7solutions.com
Thu Jan 20 19:12:14 CST 2005

Thank you for the pointers. I am assured that the broadband will be capable,
although I have no first-hand knowledge of the connection. I told them to
allot 100kb/s per phone; I know I have my Vonage phone set here to 90kb/s,
buit of course the codec could always be scaled back.

I now have ONE more wrench to throw into the mix everyone! Sorry! :)

My boss just called and said that he needs to be able to autodial the phones
from the computer. So, now I am wondering if this is possible. At this point
I'll take a suggestion of ANY phone that I can do this on. It seems that
none of the SoftPhones support this, which is highly suprising to me. I was
thinking it would be as simple as passing a URL to the phone (I figured they
all installed URL Handlers) like bsp://4014815991/ or something like that
(where bsp stands for belkin soft phone -- I'm making this up, but you get
the idea). I would also settle for getting an ATA and putting an analog
phone in IF there was a way to autodial. Alternatively, if there is a USB
phone that plugs into a computer that supports autodialing, I'd be OK with
that.

Anyone have any more pointers?

Thank you all again very much!