[thelist] Web-Based Hidden Image Optimization

Michael Pemberton evolt at mpember.net.au
Mon Jan 24 09:44:42 CST 2005

Rob Smith wrote:
> I have a feature on one of my sites that allows the user to upload an image.
> However, I would also like to limit the physical width's and heights to A)
> 100 x 100 (small thumbnail) B) 200 x 200 (large thumbnail) C) 600 x 450
> (photo gallery)...

With a bit of php code, it is possible to do any or all of the following:

- detect the original size
- resize the image
- output in a standard format (eg. always PNG, regardless of original)
- extract EXIF details (date photo was taken, exposure details)

I have some code that I knocked together for my photo collection, so I
may have some code that is of use to you.

If you want to see what I've done, drop me an email offlist.

--
Michael Pemberton
evolt at mpember.net.au