[thelist] IE discards cookies if no-cache?

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Thu Jan 27 11:30:34 CST 2005

Dougal Campbell wrote:
> For some reason, IE is treating a persistent cookie as if it were
> instead a session cookie. [....]

I hate following up my own posting, but I've got more information from
my testing: I was able to track down the source of our no-cache headers
and turn them off. IE *still* won't save the cookie, despite this, plus
the fact that it *is* supposed to be a persistent cookie.

Is there something about IE that keeps it from saving persistent cookies
set from an https page?

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/