[thelist] should we get a server...?

Justin Zachan Mgmt justin at jazzmanagement.com.au
Thu Jan 27 17:33:55 CST 2005

Hi there. Hoping to get an answer from any small(ish) businesses out there.

We currently have 3 active computers, 2 MACs and 1 PC networked together
through a router. One MAC is being used as our main computer for storage.

We have various issues from time to time, dealing with permissions,
resources, storage, rebooting etc. Storage is probably our biggest issue
currently.

We think maybe moving to a central server.but not sure exactly why or what
benefits etc. I figure this will give us more flexibility etc.

Anyway if anyone can offer what they do or point to any resources on this
subject that would be excellent.

Cheers

Justin