[thelist] Adding an indicator to collapsable content

Gijs van Tulder evolt at gmx.net
Sun Jan 30 15:29:57 CST 2005

Hi Dave,

If you show and hide content by changing the CSS class, you can use those classes to change the background of the links. For example: use a plus sign as the background for links with the 'collapsed' class, and a minus sign for links in the 'expanded' class.

See an example on:
 http://gvtulder.f2o.org/evolt/collapse/

Every collapsible block is a div. Collapsed blocks have class="collapsed", expanded blocks have class="expanded". Inside each div is a <h2>, a heading that can be clicked to display/hide the containing div:

/* give expanded headings a -, collapsed headings a + */
.expanded h2 {
	background: url("minus.gif");
}
.collapsed h2 {