[thelist] RE: [OT] blaster worm punishment

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Mon Jan 31 07:20:28 CST 2005

[snip]
Isn't that like saying that its the car manufacturers fault that we have
so many crashes?
[/snip]

You're analogy is slightly flawed. When auto manufacturers make certain
repeatable mistakes (such as those encountered in software) that cause
costs they issue recalls so that these issues may be addressed.
Certainly auto mfgs' are not responsible for all crashes.

<tip type="PHP & MySQL">
Why didn't my query work? Why can't I connect to my database? What went
wrong?

PHP provides a handy little function for most databases that allow you
to get a clearer view of what happened, mysql_error(). An example when
used with a query...

if(!($result = mysql_query($myQuery, $myDatabaseConnection))){
   echo mysql_error() . "\n";
   exit();
}

</tip>