[thelist] .asp pages not previewing on remote server

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Mon Jan 31 13:13:43 CST 2005

At 10:45 AM 1/31/2005, Bruce Gilbert wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have been trying to preview my .asp pages on my remote server via
>dreamweaver and I get a 404 'page cannot be found error' when doing
>this. I can preview .asp files fine on my local machine running IIS
>and when I rename files with a .htm they preview fine from the remote
>server. So that narrows it down to being an issue with the remote
>server and .asp extensions.

Is the remote server Win2.3K? If so, you might need to activate the ASP
engine, which is off by default.

Start of the IIS Manager on the remote machine, go to Web Services
Extensions and see if Active Server Pages is allowed or prohibited.

--
Anthony Baratta
President