[thelist] What makes a good e-commerce website?

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Tue Feb 1 06:19:55 CST 2005

There's always a risk when you start putting this sort of information online
- people attempting social engineering attacks may make use of this
information. For anything beyond a small organisation where everyone knows
everyone, I would be extremely wary about putting this type of information up
on the web in anything more than a very cursory form.

Cheers
Ken

: -----Original Message-----
: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On
: Behalf Of Alex Beston
: Sent: Tuesday, 1 February 2005 10:58 PM
: To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
: Subject: Re: [thelist] What makes a good e-commerce website?
:

: pictures of the staff, ceo's and the products, warehouses.
:
: dont think thats relevant?
:
: check here:
:
: http://www.dawsonbooks.co.uk/about/v_tour.html
:
: they seem to think it is.
:
: Alex
:
: > I'd like to compile a list of features that make for a more user
: > friendly online shopping experience, so that we can all benefit by
: > incorporating them into our own e-commerce applications.
: >
: > - Contact information of the seller (email, postal, phone, fax, etc).
: > - Secure server.