[thelist] ZenCart Problem, WAS PHP shopping cart recommendations?

Dan Romanchik dan at danromanchik.com
Tue Feb 1 17:06:11 CST 2005

I actually did post a question here, but no one responded, so I thought
perhaps no one was using ZC. I guess it just got missed.

This is actually a pretty weird problem. I have ZC configured to split the
credit card number and e-mail me half of the number and to store the other
half in the database. This setup is correct. I've even gone into the
database to ensure that all the parameters are setup correctly.

What's happening, though, is that that the credit card numbers are not being
recorded. Nothing is being written to the database, and in the e-mail I get
notifying me of an order, I get the line telling me it's a credit card
order, but no numbers. It's as if the number is not being processed at all.
Everything else seems to be working just fine, however. ZC is accepting the
credit card; it's just not processing the number correctly.

I can't really blame ZC, per se. This just started happening after my ISP
moved my website from one server to another. Not only that, it's happening
with version 1.1.4, which I had installed previously and version 1.2.2,
which I installed with the hopes that it would cure the problem. (As an
aside, I think it's a really cool thing that I can run both versions
simultaneously using the same database.)

Any light you guys might be able to shed on this would be highly
appreciated.

Thanks!

Dan