[thelist] XHTML/ASP <option disabled="disabled">

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Wed Feb 2 10:39:48 CST 2005

Maybe I'm missing something here:

<head>
<title>Disabled Option</title>
</head>
<select name="dogs">
<option value="1">Domestic Dog </option>
<option>Arctic Fox </option>
<option>Maned Wolf </option>
<option>Grey Wolf </option>
<option  disabled="disabled" >Red Fox </option>
<option>Fennec</option>
</select>

Usually when you "disable" something it is grayed out. However, when I do
this XHTML page the "Red Fox" option is still black as night. Am I supposed
to see a visual change when you disable an option in XHTML? Or... How enable
some form of visual change? text color or something?

Rob Smith