[thelist] XHTML/ASP <option disabled="disabled">

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Wed Feb 2 11:27:07 CST 2005

Message from Rob Smith (2/2/2005 12:39 PM)
>Maybe I'm missing something here:
>
>Usually when you "disable" something it is grayed out. However, when I do
>this XHTML page the "Red Fox" option is still black as night. Am I supposed
>to see a visual change when you disable an option in XHTML? Or... How enable
>some form of visual change? text color or something?

"How disabled elements are rendered depends on the user agent. For example,
some user agents "gray out" disabled menu items, button labels, etc."

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#disabled

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/