[thelist] Dropping sessions seemingly randomly

Richard Livsey richard at livsey.org
Thu Feb 3 05:51:43 CST 2005

We have written a web app for a client and they are reporting problems
with being logged out a lot.
Can't replicate the problem from here, so one of the guys is down at
their offices now.

Seems the problem isn't limited to our app (which is nice to know) and
they are getting logged out of all sorts of things on a seemingly random
basis.

Sessions are based on cookies and I can't think of any reasons why these
would be lost. They use IE and setting security to low doesn't fix the
problem.

Their network seems to be setup slightly strangely, and is certainly
locked down hard. They are reporting the system being quite slow too,
which seems to be their connection (it's a shared connection for the
whole building, but a very fast connection) but there are no pings or
tracerts allowed so not sure where to start debugging that one either.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

--
R.Livsey
www.livsey.org