[thelist] Tomcat Help: resource.cgn file?

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Mon Feb 7 00:06:12 CST 2005

Burhan Khalid wrote:

>   I'm trying to setup Tomcat for a client who has an application that
> requires a custom SSL certificate.  I have installed the certificate
> successfully, installed a test SSL certificate from Thawte
> successfully, and verified connectivity to the payment gateway's servers.
>
>   However, the JSP script still refuses to connect.

"refuses to connect" -- is there an exception being thrown? Is there
anything in any of the logs (catalina.out, or...)? Have you added any debug
statements and try/catch blocks to the JSP?
Do you have Ethereal or comparable running to watch the traffic?

The problem here is that the .class files provided by the gateway provider
only return a non-descriptive -1 on error, and not any specific or
meaningfull error messages.

>                                                      After a long
> email discussion with both the developer (at the gateway provider) and
> my client, I got the following email message today:
>
> "Can you replace the "resource.cgn" file  for 443 with the "resource.cgn"
> file for 80 (normal HTTP connection)? Restart and try to order on your
site.
> Please let me know of the results. Thanks."
>
>   I've been googling for an hour but can't seem to find what this file
> is, and how I'm supposed to integrate it into Tomcat.  When the
> application was initially installed, this file was simply added under
> the webapps/ directory for the application (in this case ROOT), but
> I'm not sure how I can setup as the email states. Can anyone help?

Sorry, are you saying you can find this file, but don't know what to do with
it? Or you can't find it?

Well, I have the file (it came with the original application). I'm not quite
sure how to install(?) it into Tomcat as requested by the email.

A few more specifics would help... :-)

Hopefully this is enough, let me know if you need any more details.