[thelist] ASP - Session Variables set to never ever ever ever ever ever exp ire

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Mon Feb 7 09:12:38 CST 2005

Hi

I know I've talked to you about this ongoing for about a year now and no
matter what I do, I cannot keep session variables from dieing on IIS 5. They
always expire after about 20 minutes. I have done:

* Response.Expires = -5000
* session.timeout=90     ' still expires in 20 minutes
* Gone to the server and set the expiration on variables to 1440 minutes /
24 hours.

What else can I do so that ASP session variables never ever ever ever ever
ever expire (within a reasonable time frame or as long as the clients
browser is open).

Rob Smith

p.s. grumbling, I'd not have this problem if I had a UNIX server.