[thelist] RE: [OT] Do comments cause hit on system? [MCC]

Steven Streight vaspersthegrate at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 7 10:30:37 CST 2005

Fred Yocum:

Very Off Topic, but interestting to me:

I like the Mennonites. Had my first real spiritual
awakening at a Mennonite church camp at 14 years old,
became good friends with that pastor, who recently
died.

I have an old booklet by the MCC of Akron,
Pennsylvania, 1943 "Must Christians Fight?" on
pacifism. Is it still available?

Yes, Mennonites come in different flavors, my old
pastor used electricity, but no Social Security, never
saw a single movie, against dancing, card playng, etc.
but the kindest, most sincere man I ever knew: Paul W.
Rupp.

Sunday school lesson is now over. Sorry.

<tip type="Blog Credibility" author=Steven
Streight>Blog comment spam remaining on a blog can
give spammer boost in search engine ranking, decreases
your blog's credibility due to irrelevant/insincere
user (spambot) generated content, and when a URL is
included in the spam comments, can lead a blog visitor
to a malicious or dubious web site. While there are
many options for preventing comment spam, including
captchas, user registration, and delayed posting with
comment moderation, it is also important to check your
comment postings and immediately delete all comment
spam from your blog.This will increase credibility,
content value, and visitor safety.</tip>

=====
Steven Streight
Web Usability Analyst & Content Writer
Blogologist