[thelist] Way to trim WeekDayName in ASP?

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Mon Feb 7 16:04:14 CST 2005

Hi Ron,

   To get the first letter of any string in VBScript (which is what I assume you're using for Classic ASP), just use the Left function:

myWeekDayName = Left(myWeekDayName, 1)

   If you're worried about case, you can use UCase on it as well.

Cheers,

Peter

 From: "Pringle, Ron" RPringle at aurora-il.org

Is there a way to trim the values returned by WeekDayName in ASP down to
just the first letter of each week day?

I have a calendar and currently it displays the abbreviated week days (Mon,
Tues, etc.). I'd like to just display the first letter instead (M,T,W etc.).

Ron