[thelist] Server Hosting - Not New, Just New For Me

Russ russ at unrealisticexpectations.com
Mon Feb 7 22:56:30 CST 2005

I've been fairly fortunate to get a pretty good deal for the several
sites that I host on a single box.  The problem is, the box itself is
getting full from "the rest of the box" sites that are there, as well as
the fact that the person that "holds the keys" tends to be difficult to
get ahold of and doesn't get back to me with responses in a very timely
fashion.

Long story short: I've decided to get into the "my own box" business for
the sake of making life easier and being the point of failure myself.
Just seems to make sense at this point in time.

That said, I'm looking at this type of a deal:

http://www.ev1servers.net/english/ensimpro.asp

Intel Celeron 2.0 GHz Package
1 GB RAM - (2) 80GB Hard Drives
1300 GB Monthly Transfer
$149.00 per month
Ensim Pro for Red Hat Enterprise

I'm curious to know if anyone's currently doing anything similar and/or
has any experience with ev1servers or can make some recommendations.  I
need to be able to run RH (Ensim preferred) and ColdFusion.

Any thoughts?  If the thread's getting out of hand, I don't mind

Thanks,

Russ