[thelist] Tomcat Help: resource.cgn file?

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Tue Feb 8 00:36:20 CST 2005

Ah cheers for the help Hassan, but I managed to solve the problem, if anyone
is interested, here was what happened:

The developers at my client (who wrote the .class files, which were
servlets) did not provide us with complete instructions from the gateway
provider wrt setting up Tomcat for their application; they provided us with
the certificate and the class files.

After much haggling, and a meeting between my MD and their CEO and IT
manager, they gave us the documentation that they originally received from
the banking provider. It took all of two minutes after I received this
document to get Tomcat working correctly.

<rant>
You know, it really made me mad to find out that they had this documentation
all the time, and I had repeatedly asked for it over conference calls with
their two developers, and they claimed that they didn't have any such
documentation; which baffled me to no end. They claimed that "we received
the class files, sample code, and the ssl certificate, no API documentation,
and no installation instructions" -- like wtf? What kind of merchant does
not give out such information to one of their biggest clients?!

I would like to think that coming from one developer to another, there would
be some sense of -- I don't know -- professional courtesy? -- and they would
have worked with us to solve their problem.  I really don't understand why
they wouldn't give up this documentation, and its not like it has trade
secrets or anything in it.  It took a two hour meeting between my managing
director, their CEO and IT manager and the two programmers, and a conference
call to me to finally get 10 sheets of paper.
</rant>

Thanks again Hassan, I appreciate your help, and sorry guys for the rant.
Burhan