[thelist] php/mysql get next two records

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Tue Feb 8 00:40:52 CST 2005

You know, even I like the SQL approach. However, I don't know in the long
run if its efficient.  I mean, is it better to have one query (one hit to
the database), then do the sorting, etc. in PHP (or whatever your poison) --
than having a query to the database on each condition (so if you wanted four
days, LIMIT 4, five days, LIMIT 5, etc.) I was always under the impression
that database access was one of the slowest parts of an application; that it
can be a good cause for a bottleneck.

Regards,
Burhan