[thelist] Styling <area> tag with a cursor...not possible?

Peter Bornhall bornhall at ansbjer.se
Tue Feb 8 04:03:14 CST 2005

Hey all!

Trying to set the cursor to pointer for certain areas of an imagemap.
This is what the CSS looks like:

   area { cursor: pointer; }

only thing is that I'm using the nohref attribute, and that might be
preventing this.

Does anyone have any experience with this?  I know that the <area>-tag
is to be used for links and that the hand-cursor is to be used for
clickable links, but this is a special case, and I would like to be able
to display the hand cursor anyway...

Thanks for any and all replies.

- Peter