[thelist] loosing focus

Juha Suni juha.suni at ilmiantajat.fi
Tue Feb 8 04:47:53 CST 2005

gummybear wrote:
> I've made this XHTML 1.0 strict and CSS valid page :
> http://gummybear.free.fr/test/pano01controls06valid.htm
> You can see in the background a flash animation and on the right side
> an java object ( panorama ). It functions well with Firefox 1.0
> but with I.E. 5.5 and 6.0 i loose the control over the panorama ( can
> no more interact, click and drag, with it ) when i click in the area
> of the flash animation.

I have not really experimented with this, but AFAIK, Flash is _not_ a good
thing to use on backgrounds, as it tends to hop to the top no matter what.
Im surprised that the java object is even visible on the top.

I would recommend something more elegant, although Im not really sure how
the page is supposed to look in the end, obviously the current test-flash
background is horrible and together with the java object completely burns my
processor.

--
Suni