[thelist] SSL Certificates

BDisbrow at aol.com BDisbrow at aol.com
Tue Feb 8 08:31:13 CST 2005

I need to get a SSL certificate for an online store. Picking the appropriate
certifcate vendor is proving somewhat confusing.

Articles I have read suggest that all vendors are using virtually the same
process and tools to issue and maintain certificates and that the only real
difference is browser ubiquity. The higher the browser ubiquity the better the
chance the customer will be successful with a given browser.

Given that, most vendors I have come across are 99% or better with their
browser ubiquity score. So that leaves price and performance.

I need advice from thelist on your experiences and recommendations.

Regards, Bill