[thelist] How do I create a registration sheet with cookies?

Sylvia Braunstein sbraun at rugged.com
Wed Feb 9 06:19:12 CST 2005

Please forgive me for posting on several lists. I am hoping to get feedback
as soon as possible.

My company would like me to transfrom our website to have surfers register
in order to access our product descriptions (corporate policy), and they
want this done ASAP.

What I have to do is create a pop-up in which customers have to fill in
their details. They will then be "given" a cookie (which I have to set up,
but how?) to enable them to access our datasheets.

Could anyone kindly let me know what I have to do to set this up or
recommend a site/link/documentation that explains how to proceed. I don't
have knowledge beyond html and a bit of js and don't know whether this
involves "serious" programming.

Thank you in advance and best regards,

Sylvia

Sylvia Braunstein