[thelist] Calculating postcodes - Australia

Tim Burgan email at timburgan.com
Wed Feb 9 09:11:06 CST 2005

Michael Pemberton wrote:

> I had a look at it, and with a bit of tweaking, you may be able to use
> the postage zone details to keep the postcodes together.

Thanks Michael,

This file appears to be the same as the booklet I used.

With the way their "zones" work, say there are 5 towns all lying on the
same straight road, [1] [2] [3] [4] [5].

Town [1] [2] [3] are in zone 1
Town [4] [5] are on zone 2

If I enter a postcode for town [3], all records in town [1] [2] and [3]
are returned.
Town [4] is closer to town [3] than town [1], but because it's a
different zone, it's ignored.

This is the problem I'm having. Bummer ay!

But this latitudes and longitudes resource sounds promising -- if I can
find it!!

Thanks. Have a good day/night.

Tim