[thelist] Function for listing a page's URL

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Thu Feb 10 12:18:58 CST 2005

Hi Dominick,

   You can get the URL through Javascript as document.location.href, and then stick that string wherever you want.  As for the footer, I guess you'd just create a small div or span, populate it with the necessary text, and position it at the bottom of the page (document.body.clientHeight is the height of the page in IE, but I don't know what the standard is OTOH).

   Then it's just a matter of including the script in each page, and you're all set.

Cheers,

Peter

 From: "Dominick Cancilla" cancilla.d at mellon.com

I'd like to add a function to my Website's footer that would list the page's
URL (as a reminder to credit the page if it is quoted elsewhere). My server
is capable of PHP, but I don't know a darned thing about it. Is there a PHP
or Javascript method for doing what I want? Or something else I'm
overlooking?

I've poked around on Google for this, but have had no luck (I may not be
searching for the right thing).

Thanks!

--Dominick