[thelist] Quick Querystring Question

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Thu Feb 10 20:10:46 CST 2005

I would ask why you want to hide the server type (except to comply with
various checklists that are out there). Hiding the server type is basically
obscurity. And whilst obscurity is good, it doesn't buy you any real
security.

Cheers
Ken

: -----Original Message-----
: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On
: Behalf Of Benjamin Tilley
: Sent: Friday, 11 February 2005 10:07 AM
: To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
: Subject: Re: [thelist] Quick Querystring Question
:
: If this is a concern you can always set up an alternative extension.
: You could have all your scripts be .qrd (my favorite since it's one key
: left of wtf) and just tell your server to process them as php or asp or
cgi.
:
: [snip]
:
: >can hide the server type (hidden .php, .asp, etc.), but then again
: >
: [snip]