[thelist] Flash.ocx - freezes IE, Netcape, Firefox - Web gurus, please help

Sylvia Braunstein sylvia.braunstein at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 06:23:32 CST 2005

Hi,

Macromedia Flash player either does not load or freezes the browser
(sometimes right away, sometimes, it plays a bit and then if freezes).

An error appears saying there is a problem with flash.ocx

I removed the Macromedia Flash player and reinstalled it but it didn't
fix the problem.

Thenk I removed Windows 2000 from my HD by formatting it and installed
Windows XP but it didn't fix the problem. We still cannot view Flash.

I searched the internet to find solutions to this problem but was
unable to find the answer.

Has anyone heard of this problem? What can be done to solve it? The
strange thing is that on my other computer, it works fine.

I am wondering it may be due to hardware or possibly "clashes".  I am
completely in the dark with no idea what to think or what to look for.

I would truly appreciate it if you could help me solve this problem.

Thanks,

Sylvia