[thelist] Doctype declaration

Justin @ pxLabs justin at pxlabs.com
Sun Feb 13 14:28:04 CST 2005

Joan,

Are you customizing the scrollbar for the viewport, or a scrollbar for a
DIV or iframe? Personally, I don't customize the viewport scrollbar as I
have trouble getting the CSS code to validate properly with any doctype.

If you are customizing the scrollbar for a DIV or an iframe, you might
want to check out http://www.xentrik.net/css/scrollbars.php.

While on the topic of doctypes, I use this one exclusively:

I know this doesn't help you much, but I thought I would pass on my
thoughts about customizing the scrollbars using CSS.

Cheers,

Justin Kozuch
Creative Director, pxLabs
"Helping clients improve their business through the use of Web standards"
www.pxlabs.com