[thelist] Which programs for producing web graphics?

Alan McCoy a.r.mccoy at larc.nasa.gov
Wed Feb 16 07:21:20 CST 2005

Mike wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In the past I have been using Macromedia Fireworks 4 for creating web
> graphics. Its great for anything web related from headers to buttons to
> laying out entire web pages. It has precise vector control of each
> object and excellent slicing capabilities and excellent transparency
> controls. It is like a combination of illustrator and photoshop together.

Wow! I didn't realize Fireworks was such a hit among web graphics folks.
Looks like I might have to dust off my copy of FW MX 2004 and give it a try.

I've been using Photoshop or Illustrator (depending on the type of
graphic) and then either slice it up for the web in PS or export them
for Flash. But exporting graphics from PS to Flash is a bit of a pain,
so I might need to look at FW's capabilities in that area.

Alan